Sunday, September 27, 2009

Moving Along...

This past week I made a few trips to Michael's and bought a few of their cubes! I'm going to try and get them all done tomorrow, then I shall post pictures! Hopefully they're not too hard to put together, but usually this stuff is! :-( Anyway, I am going for a cube look, which is really good for a compact space because you can stack them!

I found this really great resource of Michaels.com:
They have a few different craft room layouts for you to choose from, then they tell you what pieces from the Jetmax Modular Storage collection, which is what I am using.

The U-Shaped Room is my favorite! Then they have the Standard Craft Room, which is good if you don't have a lot of stuff, but a decent sized space/room. The Large Craft Room is great for all of you who have a really nice, large room dedicated for just your crafting. When my basement is all finished (which was yet again delayed), I will be purchasing extra pieces to put this room together down there. The last one is the Compact Craft Room, which seems like it would be perfect if you have just one wall for your crafting area. This layout would just never work for me because I like to be surrounded by everything. Half of my inspiration (even though it sounds really weird) comes from just staring at my supplies. Eventually a paper will catch my eye, and will inspire me to create a whole page or card from it! Although none of these layouts will work for my current awkward space, I found this helpful to know as to what everything looks like so that I could plan out exactly what I needed before going in!


Oh yes, and a note about my fun sea friend pictures! ;-) These were all taken by me at the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, TN on my recent trip there over the Summer. I don't have pictures of the storage units yet, so just threw them up to give you something to look at. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I need to do this too! I've made a start and then ran out of cubes, and eventually the yarn just takes over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I only had the pictures on the boxes to give me ideas, I hadn't seen the U-Shaped example at all. It is beautiful. I don't have a big enough room to do that or enough crafts either so what I did works for me!

    http://alwaysartistic.blogspot.com/2009/07/organization-time.html

    I can't wait to see how you set it up! I really recommend these to anyone! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete